- This event has passed.
The Red Velvet Cake War
September 4 @ 7:30 pm - September 6 @ 2:00 pm
In this riotously funny Southern-fried comedy, the three Verdeen cousins—Gaynelle, Peaches, and Jimmie Wyvette—could not have picked a worse time to throw their family reunion. heir outrageous antics have delighted local gossips in the small town of Sweetgum and the eyes of Texas are upon them, as their self-righteous Aunt LaMerle is quick to point out. Things spin hilariously out of control when a neighbor’s pet devours everything edible, a one-eyed suitor shows up to declare his love, and a jaw-dropping high-stakes wager is made on who bakes the best red velvet cake. As this fast-paced romp barrels toward its uproarious climax, you’ll wish your own family reunions were this much fun!
• Overall theatre seating capacity has been reduced and dining capacity has been reduced by 50%
• If you would like special seating accommodations including socially distanced seats, please call 816-232-1778.
• All seats sold online will be in standard theatre configuration with the possibility of sitting next to another party if you are not purchasing the entire row.
• Our theatre, seating and facilities are sanitized after every performance for your safety.
• Sanitizer and hand washing stations are setup throughout the facility.
• Intermission may be extended to allow for additional time to social distance in the restrooms.
• Masks are encouraged for patrons and are mandatory for all our volunteers and staff members.
• Temperatures are checked for all volunteers and staff members when they report for their shift.
• We ask if you are not feeling well to please stay home.
• Arrival, dismissal, and additional information about the venue will be sent to your e-mail 24 hours prior to the event.